Recipe by Sarah K. Karnasiewicz
This recipe originally appeared in our Harvest 2020 issue. Get the magazine here.
Start to Finish: 35 minutes
Servings: Makes about 15 crostinis
- 1 lb. butternut squash cubes
- 2 tsp. EVOO, plus more for drizzling
- 1 tbsp. tahini, plus more for drizzling
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 baguette, sliced and toasted
- Pomegranate molasses, for drizzling
- 3/4 cup salted roasted pistachios, coarsely chopped
Preheat oven to 400°. Arrange the squash on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment. Drizzle with EVOO and season with salt; toss to coat. Bake, tossing occasionally, until the squash is soft and just beginning to brown, about 25 minutes. Let cool slightly, then transfer to a food processor. Add 2 tsp. EVOO, 1 tbsp. tahini, and the lemon juice. Pulse until smooth, adding a splash of water if the puree is too thick. Season with salt. Spread puree on baguette slices. Drizzle with more tahini and the pomegranate molasses. Top with pistachios.