- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2/3 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons EVOO
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- Zest of 1 lemon, plus 3 tbsp. juice
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 head romaine, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large cucumber, halved lengthwise, seeded and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup red grapes, halved
Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high.
In a small bowl, mix buttermilk, EVOO, thyme, lemon zest and juice; season with salt and pepper. In a medium bowl, toss the chicken with half of the buttermilk mixture.
Thread chicken onto 8 skewers. Grill, turning frequently, until cooked through and browned in spots, 13 to 15 minutes.
In a large bowl, toss together the romaine, cucumber, onion and grapes. Drizzle with the remaining buttermilk mixture; season. Serve the salad with the kebabs.