- Makes 4Servings
- 1 cup crumbled smoked blue cheese (I like Oscar’s Smoke House, oscarsadk smokehouse.com) or other blue cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup pickle relish (I like Wickles)
- 2 lbs. 80% lean ground beef
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp. grated onion
- Kosher salt and coarsely ground black pepper
- 12 slices smoky bacon
- 1 tbsp. canola or olive oil
- 4 sesame-seed hamburger buns, lightly toasted
- Little gem lettuce leaves
- Sliced beefsteak tomato
- Thinly sliced red onion
1. Preheat the oven to 375°. Heat a cast-iron skillet or griddle over medium-high.
2. For the Red, White & Blue Special Sauce, in a small bowl, mix the blue cheese, sour cream, ketchup and relish.
3. In a medium bowl, mix the beef, Worcestershire and grated onion; season with kosher salt and black pepper. Form into 4 patties (thinner in the centers for even cooking).
4. On a slotted broiler pan or a rack set in a baking sheet, arrange the bacon in a single layer. Bake until crispy, about 18 minutes.
5. Add the oil, one turn of the pan, to the cast-iron skillet. Add the patties and cook, turning occasionally, about 10 minutes.
6. Place the patties on the bun bottoms. Add bacon, lettuce, tomato and onion. Slather the bun tops with Red, White & Blue Special Sauce; set on burgers.