- 8 pieces boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed
- Extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO) or vegetable oil, for drizzling
- Granulated onion
- Granulated garlic
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup hot sauce (eyeball it), such as Frank's RedHot
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles (crumble up a small wedge)
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 8 small slider rolls, such as Pepperidge Farm, or soft dinner rolls, split
- Shredded lettuce, for topping
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots, for topping
Preheat an outdoor grill, grill pan or griddle pan to medium-high. Dress the chicken thighs with EVOO and season with a sprinkle of granulated onion, granulated garlic, salt and pepper. Grill, turning once, until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
While the chicken cooks, in a small saucepan, melt the butter and stir in the hot sauce. Add the chicken to the sauce to coat thoroughly.
In a small bowl, mix together the sour cream, blue cheese, chives and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper.
Place the chicken on the roll bottoms and top with the lettuce, carrots and blue cheese sauce; set the roll tops in place.