- 8 slices bacon, preferably peppered
- 1 cup creme fraiche
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1 small clove garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely choped chives
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 4 turkey cutlets or chicken cutlets (5 to 6 ounces each)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup hot pepper sauce, preferably Frank's Red Hot
- 12 slices sandwich bread, toasted
- 8 leaves bibb or green-leaf lettuce
- 4 thick slices tomato, preferably heirloom
- Carrot and celery sticks, for serving
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees . Arrange the bacon on a broiler pan and bake until crisp, 15 to 18 minutes.
While the bacon is cooking, in a small bowl, combine the creme fraiche, blue cheese crumbles, garlic, mustard, parsley and chives.
In a large skillet, heat the EVOO, 1 turn of the pan, over medium-high heat. Season the turkey cutlets with salt and pepper, add to the skillet and cook until golden, about 4 minutes on each side. Scoot the cutlets to the side of the pan, add the butter and heat until melted. Stir in the hot sauce and coat the cutlets; turn off the heat.
Layer each of 4 toast slices with a sauced turkey cutlet, another toast slice, a mound of the blue cheese spread, 2 criss-crossed slices of bacon, 2 lettuce leaves, 1 tomato slice, a sprinkling of salt and pepper and a third toast slice. Serve the clubs with the carrot and celery sticks.