- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 4-by-1/2 inch strips
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 5 tablespoons hot pepper sauce, such as Tabasco
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ounce blue cheese, crumbled (about 1/4 cup)
- 4 ribs celery, peeled and cut into 4-by-1/2 inch strips
Preheat the broiler. Season the chicken pieces generously with salt and pepper.
In a small saucepan, melt the butter. Whisk in the hot pepper sauce and vinegar. On a broiler pan or baking sheet, toss the chicken strips with half the hot sauce mixture. Broil the chicken, turning once, until tender and just golden, 7 to 9 minutes. Remove from the oven and pour the remaining sauce over the chicken; set aside.
Meanwhile, in a bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, sour cream and Worcestershire sauce. Stir in the blue cheese.
To serve, divide the blue cheese dressing among 4 martini glasses. Stand the chicken strips and celery stalks upright in the dressing.