Recipe by Marissa Allen
This recipe originally appeared in our Holiday 2020 issue. Get the magazine here.
Start to Finish: 1 hour 20 minutes
Servings: Makes about 2 1/2 dozen cookies
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 3/4 cup (packed) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup toasted pecan pieces
1. In a medium saucepan, cook the butter over medium heat, stirring frequently, until it begins to brown, 5 to 8 minutes. Let cool on the counter for 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, stir the flour, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer or a whisk, mix the brown butter, sugars, and maple syrup. Mix in the eggs and vanilla. Stir in the dry ingredients and pecans. (The dough will be slightly soft.) Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 375°.
5. Using a 1 1/2-tbsp. cookie scoop, transfer the dough to a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment, spacing the cookies 3 inches apart. Bake until the edges are golden, 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack. Repeat with the remaining dough.