Mini Meat Loaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 pound ground bison or ground turkey
- 1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Dash of ground sage (optional)
- 8 ounces mixed greens and baby spinach
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup dried cherries or dried cranberries
- 1 can (10 to 11 oz.) mandarin orange segments, packed in juice, drained
- Store-bought or homemade raspberry vinaigrette or balsamic vinaigrette
Mini meat loaves
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees . In a medium nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium. Add the onion and cook, stirring often, until soft, about 2 minutes. Let cool.
In a large bowl, mix the onion, bison, breadcrumbs, cheese, milk, egg, garlic, 1/4 tsp. salt, 1/8 tsp. pepper and the sage, if using. Line a 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish with parchment; grease the paper. Place a large cookie cutter in the dish and fill with meat loaf mixture. Remove the cutter and repeat to make 4 loaves, or divide the mixture among 4 greased mini loaf pans. Bake until an instant-read thermometer registers 160 degrees when inserted into the center of the loaves, about 30 minutes.
In a large bowl, toss all the ingredients.
Divide the salad among 4 plates. Place the mini meat loaves in the field (on top of the salad).