- Prep Time
- 4 boneless top blade steaks (3/4-inch thick, about 6 oz. each), at room temperature and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 tsp. EVOO
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
Position an oven rack 4 inches from the broiler; preheat the broiler. Heat a large ovenproof skillet (preferably cast-iron) in the oven for 10 minutes.
Rub the steaks with 2 tsp. EVOO and the cut sides of the garlic clove; season generously. Broil the steaks in the heated skillet, flipping halfway through, 5 to 7 minutes for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, toss the tomatoes with the remaining 1 tbsp. EVOO, the parsley, basil, shallot and lemon juice; season. Serve alongside the sliced steak.
Read now: Quick Hack for Cutting Cherry Tomatoes