Recipe by Janet Taylor McCracken
This recipe originally appeared in our Summer 2020 issue. Get the magazine here.
Start to Finish: 30 minutes
- 4 small chicken breasts (5 to 6 oz. each), or 2 large chicken breasts (10 to 12 oz. each) each cut lengthwise into 2 pieces
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped shallot
- 4 peaches, halved and pitted
- 1/2 cup EVOO
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 scallions, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
1. Preheat the broiler. Line a baking sheet with foil. On one side of the sheet, toss the chicken, 1 tbsp. lime juice, 2 tbsp. olive oil, and the shallot; season with salt and pepper. Arrange the peach halves, cut-side up, on the other side of the sheet. Brush the cut sides of the peaches with olive oil; season generously. Broil, turning the chicken once, until the peaches are charred in spots and the chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
2. In a food processor, pulse the EVOO, mint, parsley, scallions, and the remaining 1 tbsp. lime juice until the herbs are finely chopped. Season the herb sauce with salt and pepper. In a medium bowl, mix the yogurt and 2 tbsp. of the herb sauce; season.
3. Spread about 1/4 cup of the yogurt on each of 4 plates. Top with the chicken and peaches. Garnish with the remaining herb sauce.