- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 stick butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 small cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- Pinch of cayenne
- 2 pounds broccoli, cut lengthwise into long stalks
In a medium bowl, mix the butter, parsley, garlic, basil, thyme and cayenne; season the herb butter with salt and pepper.
In a large pot fitted with a steamer basket, bring 1 inch of water to a boil. Add the broccoli. Steam until crisp- tender, about 3 minutes; transfer to a bowl. Toss with the herb butter; season.