- Prep Time
- 1 pound rigatoni
- 2 bunches broccoli rabe, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 4 cloves garlic, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese, plus more to pass around the table
- 1/3 pound salami, chopped
- Black pepper
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it, add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain, reserving a ladleful of the pasta cooking water. Reserve the pot.
While the pasta is working, fill a deep skillet with enough water to reach 2 inches deep. Bring to a boil, salt it and add the broccoli rabe; lower the heat and simmer until just tender, 7 to 8 minutes; drain and set aside. In the same skillet, heat the EVOO, 4 turns of the pan, over medium heat. Add the garlic and crushed red pepper and cook over low heat for 2 minutes. Return the broccoli rabe to the skillet and cook for 1 minute longer.
In the pasta pot, combine the ricotta, parmigiano-reggiano and salami. Stir in the reserved pasta cooking liquid, broccoli rabe and pasta and toss to coat. Season with black pepper.