- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 1/4 pounds red plums, chopped (6 plums)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons julienned candied ginger
- vanilla or pistachio ice cream, for serving
HIT THE HEAT
In a large nonreactive saucepan fitted with a lid, heat the coconut oil over high heat. Add the plums and sugar and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes.
Using a wooden spoon, stir in the coconut milk to combine.
COVER AND SIMMER
Cover the pot and simmer for 3 minutes or until the skin of the plums starts to break down. Transfer to a large serving bowl and let cool completely.
FINISH THE DISH
Top with the candied ginger. Serve over the ice cream.