- 4 large jalapeno chile peppers, ribs and seeds removed
- 1 cup (packed) flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp. EVOO
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts or sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 lemon or lime, zested and juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano (a couple of fat handfuls)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 medium zucchin--halved lengthwise, seeded and thinly sliced into half moons
- 1 pound farfalle (bow-tie pasta)
Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
In a food processor, make the pesto by pulsing the jalapenos, 1 parsley, 1/4 cup EVOO, the mint, pine nuts, stock, zest, juice and garlic until a coarse puree forms. Transfer to a serving bowl, stir in the cheese and season with salt and pepper.
In a large skillet, heat the remaining 2 tbsp. EVOO, two turns of the pan, over medium to medium-high. Add the zucchini and cook, stirring often, until tender and lightly browned, 8 to 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, salt the water and cook the pasta until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the pasta cooking water. Stir the pasta cooking water into the pesto. Add the pasta and zucchini to the pesto; toss and season. Divide among bowls.