- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 tsp. butter
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tbsp. low-fat buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 6 ounce container fresh blueberries
- 2 - 3 ripe bananas, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch slices
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees . In a bowl, whisk the first 3 ingredients with 1/8 tsp. salt. Add 1 tbsp. maple syrup and 1/2 tbsp. butter. Combine with a fork until a crumbled mixture forms.
In a large bowl, whisk the buttermilk, egg and vanilla. Whisk in flour mixture. Let stand 5 minutes; fold in berries.
In a large nonstick skillet or griddle, melt 1 tsp. butter over medium heat. Add two 1/3-cup scoops of batter to the skillet, spacing about 2 inches apart. Cook until browned on the bottom and bubbles begin to pop on top, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook until browned and cooked through, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a heatproof platter; place in the oven to keep warm. Repeat with 3 more tsp. butter and batter.
Heat the remaining 1/2 tbsp. butter in another large nonstick skillet over medium. Add the remaining 2 tbsp. maple syrup, 1/8 tsp. salt and the bananas. Cook, stirring often, until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Spoon over pancakes.