Recipe by Vallery Lomas
This recipe originally appeared in our Summer 2021 issue. Get the magazine here.
Start to Finish: 1 hour
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 3/4 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 stick (4 tbsp.) unsalted butter
- 1 cup blueberries
- Confectioners’ sugar and lemon juice, for serving
1. Place flour, sugar, salt, eggs, milk, and vanilla in a blender; process until completely smooth, about 30 seconds. (Do not remove mixture from blender.)
2. Transfer the batter to the refrigerator and let rest for at least 30 minutes or up to 12 hours. When you’re ready to bake the pancake, arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 400°.
3. Place the butter in a medium (10-inch) cast-iron skillet. Transfer the skillet to the oven until the butter melts, about 5 minutes. Remove the skillet from the oven and carefully swirl the butter to coat the sides of the skillet.
4. Pour the batter into the hot pan, then scatter blueberries on top. Bake until the pancake is puffed and browned around the edges, about 18 minutes. Squeeze lemon juice over the pancake and sprinkle with the confectioners’ sugar.