- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 12 ounces fusilli pasta
- 2 1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups finely shredded orange cheddar cheese (about 8 oz.)
- 6 ounces cherry tomatoes quartered (about 1 cup)
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 small head romaine lettuce, thinly sliced (about 6 cups)
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees . In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp, about 10 minutes; drain.
Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta until almost al dente; drain. In the same pot, bring the milk to a simmer over medium heat; whisk in the turmeric and stir in the cream cheese. Stir in the cheddar cheese until melted. Add the pasta, bacon and tomatoes; season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a 9-by-13-inch casserole dish and bake until heated through, about 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the yogurt and vinegar; season with salt and pepper. Add the lettuce and toss to coat. Serve the salad with the pasta.