- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons tomato pasta
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated horseradish or 2 tbsp. prepared horseradish, such as Gold's
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (omit if using prepared horseradish)
- 2 pounds ground bison or sirloin
- 1 tablespoon coarse black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 3/4 cup ketchup, preferably organic
- 1/4 cup HP sauce or your favorite steak sauce
- 2 tablespoons very finely chopped celery ribs and leaves
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco
- 2 teaspoons EVOO
- 6 onion rolls, split and lightly toasted
- Romaine leaves
- Beefsteak tomato slices
- Thinly sliced onions
- Pimiento-stuffed olives (optional)
- Cocktail onions (optional)
In a large bowl, combine the Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, horseradish, parsley and lemon juice, if using. Add the meat, pepper, kosher salt and celery salt. Using your hands, mix to combine. Form into 6 patties (thinner at the center for even cooking).
In a medium bowl, mix the ketchup, HP sauce, celery and Tabasco to make the crunchy ketchup.
In a cast-iron skillet or on a griddle pan, heat the EVOO over medium-high. Cook the patties, turning once, about 8 minutes for medium-rare. Divide the patties among the roll bottoms. Top with the lettuce, tomato, onion, crunchy ketchup and roll tops. Garnish the burgers with olives and onions, if using, skewered on toothpicks.