Recipe by Nicole Papantoniou
This recipe originally appeared in our Holiday 2020 issue. Get the magazine here.
Start to Finish: 40 Minutes
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs (about 6 oz. each)
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 blood oranges, peeled and sliced into wheels
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
Preheat oven to 375°. Rub chicken with garlic, ginger, and 3/4 tsp. salt. Heat oil in medium ovenproof skillet over medium-high. Add chicken, skin-side down. Cook until skin browns, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip chicken over and turn off heat. Brush chicken skin with honey; add oranges to skillet. Bake until chicken is cooked through, 25 minutes. Transfer chicken and oranges to serving platter. Heat pan juices in skillet over high. Stir in red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring often, until sauce is reduced and thickened, about 2 minutes. Spoon sauce over chicken. Garnish with cilantro.