- Prep Time
- Cornmeal for sprinkling
- 1 pound pizza dough, at room temperature
- Extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO), for drizzling
- 1/4 pound pancetta, chopped
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated pecorino romano cheese
- 2 large egg yolks, beaten
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups shredded provolone cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley (a generous handful)
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees . Sprinkle a little cornmeal on a pizza pan or baking sheet. Place the pizza dough on the pan and stretch into a large round or rectangle. Drizzle the dough with EVOO and partially bake until puffed and golden, about 8 minutes.
In a small skillet, heat a drizzle of EVOO over medium heat. Add the pancetta and cook, stirring often, until crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and let cool. Add the ricotta, pecorino romano, egg yolks and garlic to the pancetta; season with pepper and stir to combine.
Spread the ricotta mixture over the partially baked pizza dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border all around. Top with the provolone. Bake until the crust and topping are golden and cooked through, about 12 minutes. Scatter the parsley on top and cut into wedges.