- Prep Time
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 12-inch baguettes--halved crosswise, each half split and excess bread dug out
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 2 small tomatoes, thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced on an angle
Preheat a grill to medium-high. In a bowl, combine the shrimp, olive oil and creole seasoning. (If the seasoning is unsalted, add a pinch of salt.) In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard and 1 1/2 teaspoons water, stirring until smooth.
Lay the baguettes open on plates. Layer with the lettuce, bell pepper, tomatoes and scallions.
Add the seasoned shrimp to the grill, cover and cook for 2 minutes. Flip and cook, covered, until just opaque throughout, 1 to 2 minutes more. Arrange the shrimp on top of the vegetables and drizzle with the mayo-mustard sauce.