- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 day-old small corn tortillas, quartered
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 16 ounce jar medium salsa
- 1 pound tomatoes, quartered
- 1 chipotle in adobo, plus 1 tsp. adobo sauce
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated pepper jack
- 1/4 cup small cilantro sprigs
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees . On a baking sheet, bake the tortillas in one layer until golden, 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 2 tbsp. oil over medium-high. Add the onion and cook, stirring often, until lightly browned, 8 to 10 minutes.
In a blender, puree the salsa, tomatoes, chipotle and adobo sauce. Transfer to the skillet, add the beans and cook, stirring often, until warmed through, 5 minutes; season with salt and pepper.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat the remaining 1 tbsp. oil over medium-high. Fry the eggs sunny-side up until the whites are just set, about 3 minutes; season. Stir the tortillas into the black bean sauce. Divide among bowls and sprinkle with the cheese. Top each bowl with an egg. Garnish with cilantro and lime wedges.