- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 15 ounce cans black beans, rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 4 burrito-size flour tortillas
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 english cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 jicama (about 1/2 pound)--peeled, thinly sliced, then cut into matchsticks
In a large pot, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add the beans and garlic and season with salt and pepper. Cook, mashing, until warmed, about 5 minutes.
Wrap the tortillas in a paper towel and heat in the microwave for 1 minute. Lay flat on a work surface and divide the beans, avocado and cheese among them; roll up like burritos. Wrap in paper towels and microwave until the cheese is melted, 1 to 2 minutes.
In a large bowl, whisk together the lemon juice and remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil; add the cucumber and jicama and toss. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with the burritos.