- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 sticks (8 ounces) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries or currants
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup seedless blackberry jam
- 1 large egg white, beaten
Using an electric mixer, beat the butter, cream cheese and 2 tablespoons sugar at high speed until fluffy. Mix in the flour and salt at low speed. Place the dough on a lightly floured surface; divide into 6 equal portions. Shape into disks, wrap in wax paper and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees . Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper. In a small bowl, stir together the walnuts, blueberries, the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and the cinnamon.
On a lightly floured surface, unwrap a piece of dough and roll out to an 8-inch round. Using an offset spatula, spread 2 tablespoons jam over the surface, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Cut the dough into 8 pie-slice-like triangles. Sprinkle 2 heaping tablespoons of the walnut mixture on top and then roll up each triangle from the outside in; bend slightly into a crescent shape. Place 1 inch apart on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with more of the dough and walnut mixture until the sheet is full. Brush with the egg white and sprinkle with sugar. Bake until golden, about 22 minutes. Transfer the cookies to a rack to cool completely. Repeat with the remaining dough.