Recipe by Rana Nouna
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 lbs. red beets
- 2/3 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1 large clove garlic, grated
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
- EVOO, for drizzling
- Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 400°. Wrap the beets in foil and roast until tender, about 1 hour, depending on the size of the beets. Let cool. Peel and grate using a box grater or a food processor fitted with the shredding disk.
2. In a medium bowl, mix the grated beets, yogurt, tahini, garlic, and lemon juice; season with salt. Transfer to a bowl or plate. Swirl the top; drizzle with EVOO and garnish with parsley.