- Prep Time
- 1 pound beef skirt steak, trimmed
- 1 12 ounce can light beer
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 3 red, green or orange bell peppers, cored and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 large onion, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 flour tortillas (6-inch), warmed
- 1 cup jarred salsa
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
In a large resealable bag, combine the steak, beer, garlic powder, 2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or overnight.
Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high. In a bowl, toss together the peppers, onion, 2 tbsp. oil, 1 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Grill the vegetables, turning occasionally, until tender and slightly charred, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a platter and tent with foil to keep warm.
Remove the steak from the marinade and pat it dry with paper towels. Coat with the remaining 1 tbsp. oil and grill, flipping halfway, 8 minutes for medium-rare. Let rest for 10 minutes.
Thinly slice the steak against the grain and pile it onto the warm tortillas with the peppers and onion. Top with the salsa and cilantro.