- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Salt and pepper
- 8 radishes, sliced
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1/4 head red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 pound 93% lean ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 15 1/2 ounce cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 8 soft corn tortillas (6-inch), toasted
- 1 cup crumbled queso fresco
In a saucepan, heat 1/2 cup water, the vinegar, sugar and 3/4 tsp. salt over medium heat until the sugar dissolves, 2 to 3 minutes. In a bowl, combine the vegetables. Pour the hot liquid on top and toss well; let sit for 10 minutes.
In a skillet, brown the beef over medium-high heat, about 8 minutes. Add the coriander; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a plate.
Add the beans and 1/2 cup water to the skillet. Cook over medium heat, scraping up browned bits, until thickened, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat; add sour cream. Smash the mixture with a potato masher; season with salt.
Spread the beans onto the tortillas. Top with the beef, pickled vegetables and cheese.