- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 6 ounce package portobello mushroom caps, cut into cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/4 pounds ground beef
- Salt and pepper
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can crushed fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup instant polenta
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for sprinking
- 1 10 ounce package frozen green beans, thawed and drained
1. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the mushrooms and onion and cook, stirring, until softened, about 7 minutes. Add the beef, season with salt and pepper and cook over medium-high heat, stirring, until browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, lower the heat and simmer.
2. In a medium saucepan, bring 3 cups water and 3/4 teaspoon salt to a boil. Whisk in the polenta until thickened, about 3 minutes. Whisk in the cream, parmesan and 1/4 teaspoon pepper until smooth; pour into a large casserole dish.
3. Stir the green beans into the beef mixture and cook over medium heat, stirring, until warmed through, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon the mixture over the polenta and top with more parmesan.