Roasted Bean Dip
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 - 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 jalapeno chile, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 1 15 ounce can refried beans
- 3 - 4 poblano chiles
- 3/4 cup creme fraiche
- 1 large clove garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- 1 12 ounce bag vegetable tortilla chips, such as RW Garcia gluten-free chips
- 1 8 ounce bag shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3/4 cup store-bought salsa
Make the bean dip. In a medium skillet, heat the oil over medium to medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, jalapeno, coriander, cumin and salt and pepper to taste. Cook until the onion is tender, 6 to 7 minutes. Add 1 cup water and bring to a boil. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes to reduce. Transfer to a food processor, add the refried beans and process until smooth.
Make the rajas. Broil the poblanos until charred all over. Cut into strips. In a small bowl, combine the creme fraiche, garlic, lime juice and cumin; season with salt and pepper. Stir in the poblanos.
Preheat the oven to broil. Spread the bean dip on the tortilla chips and top with the shredded cheese. Melt in the broiler. Top with the rajas and salsa.