- Prep Time
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Grated peel and juice of 2 lemons
- 24 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 bunch bay leaves
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 10 ounce box couscous
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives, chopped
Preheat a grill or broiler. Soak eight 6- to 8-inch skewers in water. In a shallow dish, whisk together 1/4 cup EVOO and the lemon peel. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and coat with the dressing. Thread the soaked skewers with alternating shrimp and bay leaves.
Grill or broil the shrimp skewers, turning once, until the shrimp are pink and firm, about 5 minutes. Drizzle the lemon juice on top.
In a medium saucepan, bring the chicken broth and remaining 1 tablespoon EVOO to a boil. Stir in the couscous and olives. Cover the pan, turn off the heat and let stand for 5 minutes; fluff with a fork.
Serve the couscous with 6 shrimp per person. Discard the bay leaves.