- Prep Time
- 2 pounds brie cheese, trimmed of white rind and cut into cubes, at room temperature
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese, at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces, at room temperature
- 1/2 white onion, finely chopped, plus onion slices for garnish
- 2 tablespoons sweet smoked paprika, plus more for dusting
- 1/4 cup German lager beer, such as Beck's
- Salt and pepper
In a large bowl, using a rubber spatula, mash together the brie, blue cheese and butter. Stir in the chopped onion and paprika.
Stir in the beer, a little at a time, until the cheese mixture is soft and slightly lumpy. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until firm but spreadable, about 1 hour.
Scoop the chilled cheese spread with an ice cream scoop onto small plates, top with some of the sliced onions and dust with paprika.