- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 bottle (750 ml.) barolo or zinfandel
- 1 1/4 cups pure olive oil, not extra-virgin
- 1 4.2 ounce jar anchovy fillets in oil, drained (about 1/3 cup anchovies)
- 3 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Salt and pepper
In a medium saucepan, bring the wine to a boil and cook until reduced by half, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool.
In a blender, puree the reduced wine, olive oil, anchovies, garlic, lemon zest and juice. Season with salt and pepper.
Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and reheat over low heat. Pour into a warmed bowl.