- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 4 bananas--peeled, halved lengthwise, then halved crosswise
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
In a double boiler, heat the chocolate, 1/2 cup cream and the honey, stirring, until smooth, about 5 minutes. Cover to keep warm.
In a large skillet, melt the butter and brown sugar, stirring, over medium-high heat. Whisk in 1/4 cup bourbon, the vanilla and salt. Add the bananas and cook, turning, until warm, about 3 minutes.
Using an electric mixer, whip the remaining 1 cup cream and 1 tablespoon bourbon until soft peaks form.
Arrange 2 banana slices and their sauce in each of 8 banana split dishes. Top each with 3 scoops vanilla ice cream and some chocolate sauce and bourbon whipped cream.