- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 1/4 cups flour (gluten-free, if desired), plus more for dusting
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups mashed ripe bananas (4 bananas)
- 4 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup shortening, at room temperature
- 2 1/4 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees . Grease 2 nonstick, 6-count doughnut pans. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. In a small bowl, whisk together the granulated sugar, eggs, 1 1/4 cups mashed bananas, 2 teaspoons vanilla and the oil. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry until just combined. Spoon the batter about three-quarters full into the prepared pans. Bake until golden and a toothpick inserted comes out dry, 12 to 15 minutes; let cool completely on a rack.
Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine the shortening, confectioners' sugar, the remaining 1/2 cup banana, 2 teaspoons vanilla and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, and the lemon juice. Glaze the doughnuts with the frosting.