- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 1/2 pounds small new potatoes
- 10 ounces green beans, trimmed and halved crosswise
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme, plus whole sprigs for garnish
In a large saucepan, place the potatoes, 2 teaspoons salt and enough water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a simmer and cook until the potatoes are tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Add the green beans and cook for 3 minutes. Drain and let stand.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the vinegar, lemon juice, sugar, mustard, pepper and 1 teaspoon salt. Whisk in the olive oil until combined.
Toss the potatoes and beans with the dressing to coat. Using a fork, mash several potatoes. Toss in the scallions and thyme. Season with more salt and pepper to taste and top with thyme sprigs. Serve warm or at room temperature.