- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 large eggplant (1 1/2 lbs.), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 skin-on salmon fillets (about 8 oz. each), preferably wild
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh dill
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees .
In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp. oil over medium. Add the eggplant and onion. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the eggplant softens, 10 to 13 minutes. Add the tomatoes, garlic and vinegar. Cover; cook, stirring often, until the tomatoes are soft and the eggplant is tender, about 8 minutes more. Season with salt. Cover to keep warm.
On a large parchmentlined baking sheet, place the salmon fillets, skin side down. Brush with the remaining 1 1/2 tsp. oil; season with salt and pepper. Bake until the salmon is opaque in the center, 18 to 20 minutes.
Sprinkle the salmon with the dill. Serve with the eggplant mixture.