- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- Juice from 1 large orange (about 1/2 cup), plus 1 large orange, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large jicama (about 1-1/2 pounds), peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 6 ounces skinless flounder or halibut fillets
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees . In a liquid measuring cup, whisk together the orange juice, vinegar, sugar and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Whisk in 2 tablespoons olive oil; set aside.
In a medium bowl, toss the jicama and orange pieces. Dress the slaw with about one-third of the orange juice mixture, toss with the mint and season with salt; set aside.
Whisk the remaining 1/4 cup olive oil into the remaining orange juice mixture and stir in the garlic. Brush the bottom of a medium baking dish with some of the garlic-orange juice mixture. Season the fillets on both sides with salt and transfer to the dish. Pour the remaining garlic-orange juice mixture on top. Bake until opaque, about 6 minutes. Serve with the reserved slaw.