Recipe by Rachael Ray
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 1/2 lbs. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 scallions, white and light-green parts finely chopped, dark-green parts thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. tamari (dark soy sauce)
- 2 large cloves garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 1-inch-piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated or finely chopped
- 1 tsp. hot sauce, sriracha or chipotle Tabasco
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp. (about 1/4 palmful) smoked paprika
- 4 slices 1-inch-thick brioche
- 1 cup chipotle Fabanaise (vegan mayonnaise substitute), or Vegenaise mixed with hot sauce of choice
- Toasted sesame seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 400°.
2. In a microwave or small skillet, melt the butter.
3. Place the shrimp in a food processor; season with salt and pepper. Add the melted butter, egg, the white and light-green scallion parts, tamari, garlic, ginger, hot sauce, sesame oil and paprika; pulse into a coarse paste.
4. Toast the bread on the rack in the oven until golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Spread the shrimp mixture over the toasts. Place on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until the shrimp is opaque and cooked through, about 20 minutes. Preheat the broiler. Spread the Fabanaise on top and broil until browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Top the toasts with the sliced scallion greens and sesame seeds.