Recipe by Jennifer Armentrout
- 1 loaf (1 lb.) sourdough or other crusty bread, cut into 16 slices
- 3 tbsp. country-style Dijon mustard
- 8 oz. brie, thinly sliced
- 8 oz. thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 large apple, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp. butter, at room temperature
Place baking sheet in oven; preheat to 425°. Spread one side of each bread slice with mustard. Build 8 sandwiches with the bread (mustard side in), cheese, prosciutto and apple. Spread outside of sandwiches with butter. Transfer to hot baking sheet. Bake, turning once and pressing lightly with spatula to compact, until bread is golden, about 15 minutes.