- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons pickle juice
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 2 28 ounce cans pork and beans
- 1 15 ounce can pinto beans, rinsed
- 2 cups chopped burnt ends from Texas-Style Brisket, or chopped ham
In a large pot, cook the bacon over medium-high heat until crisp, 5 to 6 minutes. Add the onion, season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 3 minutes. Stir in the brown sugar, ketchup, pickle juice and dry mustard and cook, stirring, until thickened, about 2 minutes.
Stir in the pork and beans, pinto beans and burnt ends; cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 10 minutes.