Recipe by Chris Lanier
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 12 thin slices bacon, halved crosswise
- 24 shrimp (about 1 lb.), peeled and deveined
- 2 small red onions, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 lb. Tuscan kale, ribs discarded
1. Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium-high. Wrap the bacon around the shrimp. In a small bowl, toss the onion with 1 tbsp. oil; season with salt and pepper.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the mustard, vinegar, Worcestershire, garlic and the remaining 3 tbsp. oil. Add the kale; toss to coat and season.
3. Grill the kale until lightly charred and softened, turning once, about 4 minutes. Let cool, then chop into 2-inch pieces. Grill the onion and the bacon-wrapped shrimp, turning once, until the onion is charred in spots, about 6 minutes, the bacon is browned and the shrimp is cooked through, about 8 minutes per side. Divide the kale among plates. Top with the onions and shrimp.