Recipe by Jackie Newgent, RDN
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Tex-Mex Black Beans, thawed
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack
- 12 slices bacon
- 4 tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tbsp. fresh oregano
- 1 tbsp. EVOO
1. Make Big-Batch Tex-Mex Black Beans and portion out 1 cup for this recipe.
2. Make a horizontal cut in each breast to form a pocket; stuff with Tex-Mex Black Beans and cheese. Season. Wrap 3 slices bacon around each breast. Bake at 400° until cooked through, 25 to 30 minutes. Broil until bacon crisps, about 3 minutes. Toss tomatoes with oregano and EVOO; season.