- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- Salt and black pepper
- 6 1/2 pounds baby back pork ribs, cut into 3-rib pieces
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
In a small bowl, combine the paprika, crushed red pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, basil, mustard, thyme, ginger, 1 tablespoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
Preheat the grill to medium. Arrange the ribs on a large baking sheet and rub on both sides with the oil, then season generously with the spice mixture. Cover the baking sheet tightly with foil and grill, with the cover down, until the meat is tender, about 1 hour.
Remove the foil and place the ribs on the grill. Cook, turning once, until lightly charred, about 10 minutes.