- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 medium eggplants (about 1 pound each)
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice, plus more for seasoning
- 1/4 cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 2 - 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 6 pitas, cut into wedges and warmed if desired
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees . Prick the eggplants all over with a fork and place on a baking sheet. Bake, flipping once, until the skin is shriveled and the flesh softens, about 35 minutes. Let cool, about 30 minutes. Remove and discard the stems and skin. Cut the eggplant into large chunks and, using a colander, drain any excess liquid.
Using a food processor, puree the eggplant, parsley, lemon juice, tahini, garlic and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, and add more lemon juice to taste.
Transfer the baba ghanoush to a bowl, drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and serve with the pita wedges for dipping.