- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 pound skirt steak, halved crosswise
- Salt and pepper
- 2 jalapeno chiles, finely chopped
- Grated peel and juice of 2 limes
- 1 head butter lettuce, shredded
- 2 avocados--halved, pitted and cut into small cubes
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 12 taco shells
Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Whisk together 1 tablespoon olive oil and the chili powder, then rub all over the steak; season with salt and pepper. Add to the grill pan and cook, turning once, until grill marks appear, about 5 minutes for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes before thinly slicing across the grain.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the jalapenos, lime peel, lime juice and remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Add the lettuce, avocados and onion and toss; season with salt and pepper.
Divide half of the avocado salad among the taco shells, then top with the meat and the remaining avocado salad.