- 1 deciliter dozen organic eggs
- 3 - 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 2 teaspoons to 1 tbsp. hot sauce
- 1 inch piece gingen, finely grated
- 2 - 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped or whole cilantro leaves, for garnishing
Place the eggs in a pot, cover with cold water and bring to a full boil. Turn off the heat, cover and let stand for 10 minutes; drain and run under cold water until cool enough to handle.
Peel the eggs and halve lengthwise (or trim the tops to expose the yolks, then trim the bottoms to stand the eggs upright). Remove the yolks; transfer to a bowl. Add 3 tbsp. mayo, garlic, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Add finely grated fresh ginger (about 1 inch), 2 to 3 finely chopped scallions and 2 tbsp. tamari. Mash until smooth; add the remaining mayo if the mixture is dry.
Cut a corner off a resealable plastic bag; fill it with the yolk mixture. Pipe into the egg whites. Garnish with whole or chopped cilantro.