- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 large baking potatoes, grated
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1/2 cup grated asiago cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
In a bowl, combine the potatoes, onion, flour, parmesan, egg yolk, salt and garlic powder.
In a deep skillet, heat 1 inch oil over medium-high heat until it registers 350 degrees on a deep-fry thermometer. Form rounded tablespoons of the potato mixture into balls, squeezing out the excess moisture. Working in batches, drop the mixture into the oil and fry until golden, about 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
Place the asiago and rosemary in a large bowl. Working in batches, toss the tater tots in the cheese mixture.