Recipe by Janet Taylor McCracken
Start to Finish: 20 minutes
- 3 sticks butter, at room temperature
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup grated Parmesan or Grana Padano (about 4 oz.)
- 1 jar (12 oz.) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 10 oz. frozen leaf spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh oregano (or 1 tsp. dried oregano)
- 4 loaves ciabatta bread (about 1 lb. each), split
1. Preheat the oven to 400°. In a food processor, pulse the butter and garlic until blended, about 10 pulses. Add the cheese, artichoke hearts, spinach, and oregano and pulse until blended, about 5 pulses. Season the butter with salt and pepper.
2. Spread the butter over the cut sides of the bread. Bake until the butter melts and the bread is browned in spots, 8 to 10 minutes. Cut the bread crosswise into slices.