Recipe by Jenny Park
Start to Finish: 10 minutes
Servings: Makes about 18 energy bites
- 3/4 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups (packed) dried apple rings
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats, toasted
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. plus 1 1/2 tsp. peanut butter
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1. In a food processor, pulse 1/2 cup walnuts until finely ground. (Do not make a paste.) Transfer to a small bowl and mix in 1/2 tsp. cinnamon.
2. In a food processor, pulse the remaining 1/4 cup nuts and 1 tsp. cinnamon with the remaining ingredients until finely chopped and blended. Using damp hands, roll rounded tablespoonfuls of the mixture into balls. Roll in the ground walnuts, pressing so the nuts adhere. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 1 week.