- 10 eggs
- 3 cups whole milk
- 8 ounces mascarpone
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 16 cups (2 lbs.) cubed cinnamon-raisin swirl bread
- 4 apples; peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, mascarpone and vanilla extract. Stir in cubed cinnamon-raisin swirl bread. Transfer to a buttered 3-qt. baking dish.
Saute apples in a pan with butter, cranberries and cinnamon.
Top bread mixture with sauteed apples and cranberry mixture. Cover; refrigerate overnight. Brush top cream; sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 350 degrees until just set, about 1 hour.